Preparing for the cold Northeastern Ohio winter months is a simple yet necessary process.
The ultimate goal is to ensure a bountiful spring bloom.
Call us at (440) 232-1115 or email us to schedule a consultation for any of the services listed below!
This fall season, the J. Barker Landscaping Co. team suggests the following:
- Prune and trim both plants and trees to protect them from snow, wind, and storm damages.
- Apply a late fall lawn fertilization to promote a healthy lawn over the winter and into early spring.
- Complete your lawn’s final mowing as late in the season as possible. Mowing height should be lower than normal because this helps protect against snow mold and other winter damage.
- Continue watering all evergreen trees until your external water source is shut off in the late fall. These plants store moisture and require this moisture to guard against wind damage.
- Apply an anti-desiccant spray to evergreen shrubs. These plants also need protection against drying out and this spray actively coats the foliage and provides a barrier to help the plant retain moisture.
- Wrap individual plants and screen individual shrubs to protect against wind and salt damage. Our secure hedge screening and individual scrub wrapping provide the ultimate coverage.